C.T. Male Associates, a multi-discipline engineering and architectural firm in the Northeast, is seeking experienced Construction Observers for upcoming projects in the greater Capital District Area, Mohawk Valley and North Country as well as the Hudson Valley and Orange County regions of New York state. These full-time positions offer potential for advancement, skills development, and a full benefits package. These positions are full time but subject to seasonal layoffs dependent upon construction schedules and durations.
- Observe and document the amount and type of work completed by the contractor.
- Document that the contractor is using the approved products and materials.
- Document the equipment and labor used by the contractor.
- Document issues and obstacles encountered by the contractor. Coordinate with the contractor’s superintendent to monitor the progress of the work.
- Use reasonable efforts to enforce the contractor to keep accurate field measurements and produce accurate “red-lined” record drawings.
- Provide sufficient observation and documentation so the Engineer of Record can certify that the work has been completed in general conformance with the approved construction documents.
- Coordinate testing services on the project site.
- Perform project record keeping for preparation of a certification report to include daily reports, panel placement, daily test seams, manufacturer’s certification, destructive and nondestructive testing.
- Associates Degree in Civil Engineering, Technology program or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or a minimum of five years of directly relevant experience.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding environmental health regulations, construction standards, and labor standards.
- Familiarity with the following: construction survey procedures, establishment of line and grade for construction, method of various means of transfer of line and grade, general utility construction (water, sewer, drainage, roadway), determination of pipe capacities, velocities and slopes, traffic control protocol, soil concrete properties placement techniques, compaction methods and testing.
- OSHA 10-Hr Construction training is preferred.
- A self-motivated problem solver.
- A willingness to perform a minimal amount of travel within New York State in support of project activities.
- A valid driver’s license.
- This position requires the ability to work extended days/hours, working in all types of weather, ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
Pay Range: $25 – $35/hour, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Come join a company where your talents and motivation are rewarded; please apply here:
At C.T. Male Associates, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. Our intent is to foster an environment where people of different backgrounds can contribute at their highest level and where their differences can make a positive impact on our firm, our clients, and our communities.
C.T. Male Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the law.