Environmental Technician – Poughkeepsie
C.T. Male Associates, a multi-discipline consulting firm in the Northeast, is seeking an organized and focused technician to join our Environmental Division in Poughkeepsie, NY team. This full-time position offers a complete benefits package (including comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) plan, bonus program, educational assistance/professional development programs, company-paid life insurance, and much more), and a variety of exciting projects across disciplines that provide the experience for technical and professional growth opportunities. The successful candidate is a motivated proactive thinker and a quick learner with strong technical abilities and is committed, accountable, and action oriented.
- Working under the direction of field geologist to support field work including aquifer testing and evaluation; drilling observation; sampling of environmental media; soil boring and monitoring well installation observation; and, well development, purging, and sampling.
- Complete field tasks in a team environment, as well as individually.
- Coordinate drilling, laboratory, and various field services.
- Prepare daily reporting of field activities, relay conceptual interpretation of data, and assist in report preparation.
- Communicate with project manager and subcontractors.
- Associates degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, or related discipline.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and regularly required to stand, walk, sit, traverse terrain, and talk or hear.
- One to three (1-3) years relevant environmental experience, including environmental field work.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification and annual OSHA 8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training.
- Practical experience with various water, soil, soil vapor, and air sampling equipment, environmental monitoring meters, and hand tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, Collector, and EQuIS data management.
Pay Range: $20.00 – $24.00 per hour, paid weekly, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
C.T. Male Associates is invested in its community and more than just a place to work; it is a place to grow your technical skills and pursue various professional opportunities. Come join a company where your talents and motivation are rewarded; please apply here: Environmental Technician
At C.T. Male Associates, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. Our intent is to foster an environment where people of different backgrounds can contribute at their highest level and where their differences can make a positive impact on our firm, our clients, and our communities.
C.T. Male Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the law.