C.T. Male Associates, a multi-discipline consulting firm in the Northeast, is seeking an organized and focused Geologist to join our Latham, NY team. This full-time position offers a complete benefits package (including comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) plan, bonus program, educational assistance/professional development programs, company-paid life insurance, and much more), and a variety of exciting projects across disciplines with technical and professional growth opportunities that provide the experience necessary to obtain your professional registration. The successful candidate is a motivated proactive thinker and a quick learner with strong technical abilities and is committed, accountable, and action oriented.
- Conduct field work including aquifer testing and evaluation; drilling oversight and soil/rock logging; supply well construction observation; sampling of environmental media; soil boring and monitoring well installation observation; and, well development, purging, and sampling.
- Complete field tasks in a team environment, as well as individually.
- Coordinate drilling, laboratory, and various field services.
- Prepare daily reporting of field activities and relay conceptual interpretation of data.
- Communicate with project manager, subcontractors, regulatory agents, and clients.
- Compile technical data and assist in report preparation, environmental compliance plans, and permits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, or related discipline.
- One to three (1-3) years relevant environmental experience, including environmental field work.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and regularly required to stand, walk, sit, traverse terrain, and talk or hear.
- Master’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, or related discipline is preferred.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification and annual OSHA 8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training.
- Holds NYS Fundamentals of Geology (FG) license.
- Practical experience with various water, soil, soil vapor, and air sampling equipment, environmental monitoring meters, and hand tools.
- Experience with Surfer®, Win-Situ software, AQTESOLV software and/or other groundwater plotting or modeling packages, ArcGIS, Collector, and EQuIS data management.
Pay Range: $21.00 – $26.50 per hour, paid weekly, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
C.T. Male Associates is invested in its community and more than just a place to work; it is a place to grow your technical skills and pursue various professional opportunities. Come join a company where your talents and motivation are rewarded; please apply here: Geologist I
At C.T. Male Associates, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. Our intent is to foster an environment where people of different backgrounds can contribute at their highest level and where their differences can make a positive impact on our firm, our clients, and our communities.
C.T. Male Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the law.