Geotechnical Services Team Leader
Collaborate with a team of technical professionals across disciplines, through all phases of a project – from planning and design through construction. Engage with clients to grow relationships and develop long-lasting partnerships. Exercise independent judgement while supervising, coordinating, and reviewing the work of supporting staff. Conduct project and product research to expand the firm’s services. Join a community that will strive to help you reach your greatest potential; when you succeed, we succeed.
C.T. Male Associates is seeking to hire a Geotechnical Services Team Leader at our Albany, NY headquarters; this full-time position offers unlimited potential for advancement, including project management, mentorship programs, a complete benefits package and firm ownership opportunities. As a Geotechnical Services Team Leader at C.T. Male Associates, you will be responsible for managing and directing geotechnical engineering services offered by the firm, performing project management responsibilities for standalone geotechnical and dam projects as well as providing support to the firm’s many technical divisions.
- Supervise, coordinate and review the work of geotechnical staff within the Civil Engineering Division.
- Assist the Civil Engineering Division Manager in the hiring and evaluation of staff.
- Mentor junior geotechnical staff, helping to develop their leadership and client engagement skills
- Provide explanations of technical and constructability issues.
- Perform quality reviews of reports and required communications with clients, authorities having jurisdiction and/or contractors.
- Conduct site visits to review site conditions exposed by construction, construction means and methods, job site safety issues of C.T. Male personnel, and conformance of work with design intent and project specifications.
- Develop business opportunities in the areas of dam engineering/consulting services and technical support of contactor submittals for earth support systems, mini pile foundations and other specialty geotechnical contracting services by marketing geotechnical and dam engineering services to new and existing public and private sector clients.
- Keep abreast of continuing education programs and software that would benefit the geotechnical services offered by the firm and those programs and software that should be attended/purchased and a schedule for same.
- A minimum of twenty (20) years relevant experience with geotechnical engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S., PE minimum) from a four-year college or university and preferably a Masters’ Degree with a concentration in Geotechnical Engineering.
- A NYS Professional Engineer license.
- A valid NYS driver’s license.
Pay Range: $110,000 – $135,000 per year, paid weekly, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Come join a company where your talents and motivation are rewarded; please click this link: Geotechnical Services Team Leader
At C.T. Male Associates, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. Our intent is to foster an environment where people of different backgrounds can contribute at their highest level and where their differences can make a positive impact on our firm, our clients, and our communities.
C.T. Male Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the law.