Senior Site Civil Engineer
Do you enjoy creative problem solving? Are you interested in advanced manufacturing facility development, in civil engineering projects of all scales? Would you like to grow your career at a firm that values and rewards talent and motivation?
C.T. Male Associates, a multidiscipline firm offering comprehensive Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Geology, Environmental, and Survey services, is expanding our Civil Engineering and Land Services Division with an immediate opening for a Senior Site Civil Engineer. This role is key to C.T. Male’s strategic growth in Central New York and an outstanding opportunity for an experienced, dynamic professional committed to innovation, collaboration, and excellence in client service.
As a Senior Site Civil Engineer based in our Syracuse, NY office, you will lead all phases of a variety of land development and infrastructure projects including feasibility studies, schematic design, site plan permitting and approvals, construction support, and commissioning. You will collaborate with a team of technical professionals across disciplines on challenging and fulfilling work. C.T. Male is big enough to offer you opportunities to oversee large-scale projects but small enough that you will be able to develop work within the different facets of civil engineering that most interest you. This full-time position offers a competitive compensation and complete benefits package, opportunities for project and staff management, and rewarding pathways for advancement and ownership opportunities.
- Be responsible for project management and business development drawing on your experience, expertise, and professional network.
- Coordinate with multidiscipline design teams, correspond with clients, consultants, and contractors, and communicate effectively.
- Lead and produce project designs, including site civil plans, engineering reports, calculations, specifications, construction details, and other technical documents in support of municipal permit packages, and issued-for-bid and issued-for-construction documents.
- Be proficient in site civil design and permitting, including grading, drainage, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, utilities, and local municipal and state permit applications.
- Foster positive, cooperative, and rewarding relationships with clients.
- Inspire teamwork through excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with clients, staff, and regulatory authorities.
- Demonstrate leadership in quality control and assurance through the firm’s quality management program.
- Passion for client service, marketing, and business development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Civil or Environmental Engineering from ABET-accredited four-year college or university.
- Ten (10+) plus years of progressive related technical experience and/or training.
- New York State Professional Engineer (P.E.).
- Knowledge of land-use processes and regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to perform limited travel to project sites and C.T. Male offices in upstate New York.
- Experience with Planning Board and public presentations.
- Experience writing professional proposals including scope of services, project schedules, and fee estimates.
- Marketing, Business Development, and Client Maintenance experience.
- Fifteen (15+) plus years of consulting engineering experience.
- Staff management experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
Pay Range: $85,000 – $110,000 per year, paid weekly, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
C.T. Male Associates is more than just a place to work; it is a place to pursue your professional passions. We invite you to build your future with us, please apply here: Senior Site Civil Engineer
At C.T. Male Associates, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. We foster an environment where people of different backgrounds can contribute at their highest level and where their differences can make a positive impact on our firm, our clients, and our communities.
C.T. Male Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the law.