Site Civil Renewables Engineer
Are you a creative thinker? Do you want to help advance a more sustainable future? Would you like to work for a company that values and rewards talent and motivation?
C.T. Male Associates, a multidiscipline firm offering comprehensive Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Geology, Environmental, and Survey services, is expanding our sizable team that focuses on the Renewable Energy Industry with an immediate opening for a Site Civil Engineer in our Civil Engineering and Land Services Division. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, client-service oriented, creative thinker interested in sustainability and renewable energy work.
As a Site Civil Engineer in Renewable Energy based in our Latham (Albany), NY office, you will develop work within the different facets of civil engineering related to the Renewable Energy industry and collaborate with an outstanding team of technical professionals across disciplines. Put your passion and creativity to work while growing your career within a firm that is committed to protecting the health and well-being of people as well as the environment. This full-time position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, opportunities for project and staff management, and rewarding pathways for advancement and ownership opportunities.
- Lead and produce renewable energy project designs, including site civil plans, engineering reports, calculations, specifications, construction detail, and other technical documents in support of municipal permit packages, issued-for bid and issued for-construction documents.
- Be proficient in site civil design and permitting, including grading, drainage, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, and local municipal and state permit applications.
- Communicate and coordinate multidiscipline design teams, corresponding with clients, specialty consultants, and providing construction administration services as required.
- Planning Board and public presentations, securing regulatory/agency permits and approvals.
- Foster positive, cooperative, and rewarding relationships with clients.
- Inspire teamwork with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with staff.
- Lead multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines.
- Coordinate Quality Assurance and Control review procedures for projects.
- Passion for renewable energy projects and strong communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Civil or Environmental Engineering from ABET-accredited four-year college or university.
- Five (5+) plus years of progressive, related technical experience and/or training.
- New York State Professional Engineer (P.E.).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to perform limited travel to project sites.
- Knowledge of land-use processes and regulations.
- Experience with local/state jurisdictional requirements for utility-scale, distributed generation, and behind-the-meter renewable energy applications.
- Experience with Planning Board presentations.
- GIS Skills.
- Ten (10+) plus years of consulting engineering experience.
- Project and/or staff management experience.
- Proposal writing and business development experience.
Pay Range: $70,000 – $100,000 per year, paid weekly, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
C.T. Male Associates is more than just a place to work – it is a diverse professional team that shares your passion for advancing innovation and sustainability. We invite you to build your future with us. Click here to apply: Site Civil Renewables Engineer
At C.T. Male Associates, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. We foster an environment where people of different backgrounds can contribute at their highest level and where their differences can make a positive impact on our firm, our clients, and our communities.
C.T. Male Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the law.