Are you fluent in Survey terminology, hardware, and software? Do you enjoy doing a variety of Survey Services?
C.T. Male Associates, a multi-discipline surveying, engineering, and architectural firm in the Northeast, is seeking to fill a Survey Technician position in our Albany, NY office. As a Survey Technician with C.T. Male Associates, you will support field and office work for various types of Survey Services, such as topographic, construction, and boundary surveys, among others. This full-time position offers a competitive compensation package and a generous benefits package, as well as advancement opportunities. Come collaborate with a team of technical professionals and join a community that will strive to help you reach your greatest potential.
- Secure information from Public Corporations, Government Agencies, utility companies and other surveyors including deed research.
- Understand and protract deeds, maps, and easements with all proper notations.
- Perform survey computations and data reduction for various types of surveys.
- Prepare boundary computations under the direction of a Licensed Land Surveyor.
- Instruct Survey field staff engaged in making various types of field surveys.
- Download GPS receiver and field data collectors and process the collected data in Trimble Business Center and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Perform computations for construction stakeout.
- A.A.S. Degree in Surveying Technology or certificate from college or technical school; or five plus (5+) years of related experience; and/or an equivalent combination of training, education and/or experience.
- Complete knowledge of surveying terminology.
- Knowledge of compatible uses of conventional methods and GPS.
- Full understanding of contour plotting.
- Familiarity with utility mapping.
- Ability to comfortably lift and walk several feet carrying up to 75 lbs. of equipment.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training is a plus.
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Health and Safety training is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
Pay Range: $24.00 – $38.00 per hour, paid weekly, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Come join a company where your talents and motivation are rewarded; please apply here: Survey Technician
At C.T. Male Associates, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. Our intent is to foster an environment where people of different backgrounds can contribute at their highest level and where their differences can make a positive impact on our firm, our clients, and our communities.
C.T. Male Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the law.