Underground Storage Tanks & Above Ground Storage Tanks
Underground storage tanks (USTs) and above ground storage tanks (ASTs) can be found at industrial sites, retail sites and even residences. They are used to store gasoline, oil or other chemicals. USTs are commonly found abandoned at sites, much to the surprise of property owners. There are regulations pertaining to the operation of these tanks as well as for the proper closure of them, when certain regulatory thresholds for storage capacity are exceeded.
C.T. Male Associates can provide a wide variety of services for the proper use and/or closure of these tanks.
Tank Design & Inspection Services
- Design of new tank systems including secondary containment
- Preparation of necessary plans such as Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans for petroleum and Spill Prevention Reports for chemicals
- Subsurface investigations (test pits, sampling & laboratory analysis) to determine:
- Evidence of release of contents
- Sampling to determine the extent of contamination
Remediation & Closure Services
- Plan preparation for planning or regulatory approval
- Characterization of investigation and remediation derived wastes
- Groundwater investigation to determine impacts
- Coordination of cleaning, closure and removal of the USTs and ASTs, and excavation, transportation and disposal of the petroleum contaminated soil
- Construction administration, inspection and oversight
- Post-excavation sampling and analysis
- Preparation of a Tank Closure and/or Soil Closure Remediation Reports
UST & AST Environmental Services
USTs are commonly an unexpected finding that can delay a construction project or closing on a property during sale. C.T. Male Associates regularly acts in an expeditious manner to work through all the tasks, from finding UST’s until removal and reporting to reduce the disruption to those planned activities that may have financial implications if not handled in a timely manner.